Position: Sterile Processing Tech
Command your healthcare career with CareRev. Use the CareRev app to claim per diem shifts at local partner facilities and work when, where, and how often you like while earning top industry rates.
The process: Healthcare professionals who meet facility partner requirements submit an application, then interview with a CareRev RN. Those who pass their interviews then submit their credentials and onboard at the facilities of their choice before completing any applicable orientations for their specialty. From there, professionals claim and work shifts that suit their schedules and serve their lifestyles as independent contractors.
Are you a qualified candidate looking for more professional freedom, personal flexibility, and life balance? Apply today.
Requirements for the Sterile Processing Tech Role
- Sterile Processing Certification with a minimum 1 year of full-time inpatient experience, including critical care. Must be current and within the past year. This doesn’t include school and clinicals. Home health care and corrections facility experience are not applicable for this position.
- Picks up used/contaminated equipment, trays, instruments and carts from appropriate area including operating room at designated times and processes for appropriate decontamination/sterilization, use or storage.
- Inspects all instruments for cleanliness and condition, removing defective items.
- Assembles and/or restocks all trays, kits and packs pursuant to department policy and procedures and priority level, verifying that they have been properly wrapped and labeled.
- Operates sterilizers, washers and other processing equipment in accordance with department policy, maintaining accurate and detailed sterilization records.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical and product terminology as well as the location of trays, instruments, supplies and equipment to expedite service.
- Re-sterilizes/replaces all dated items prior to or on outdate, having a complete knowledge of sterilization methods, requirements and responsibilities.
- Has knowledge of and observes all infection control policy and procedures at all times.
- Complies with department safety policies, procedures and protocol. Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
- Delivers items processed by Sterile Processing.Orders and puts away supplies as needed
- Please note you will be asked about your COVID vaccine status at the time of your interview. Vaccine guidelines vary between facility partners and geographic regions.
Rates are subject to change without prior notice and are driven by the marketplace and facility needs. Assigned rates fall within listed ranges.